Star Student Terms and Conditions
By searching for a tutor, tuition agency or a training provider on Star Students you must agree to abide by the following terms and conditions. Please take the time to read them.
This agreement is made between Star Student (referred to in this agreement as “us” or “we”) and you the user. Your use of this site is conditional on you accepting these terms and conditions, and your continued use of this site constitutes acceptance of them.
2. CONTACT DETAILS
2.1. We can be contacted by email email@example.com
Or by post here:
115 George Street
3. ACCEPTABLE USE OF THIS WEBSITE
- The purpose of this website is to allow parents and students to contact tutors and tutoring agencies and to view their details that they post here. We are not an employment agency. If you choose to employ a tutor or tutoring agency that you contact via this website your contract will be with that person and not with us.
- We make no representations about any of the details posted on this site. We will not vet or check qualifications or the contents of any details posted. You must make your own enquiries as to a prospective tutor’s academic qualifications or any other matters that concern you.
- You are free to use this site as long as that use is reasonable and is not an abuse of the site. “Abuse” includes, but is not limited to, breach of these terms and conditions, and we reserve the right to restrict or terminate your use of this site without notice if we believe (in our sole discretion) that your use of it is unreasonable or abusive.
4.1. If you collect personal information about someone, you are responsible for obtaining any permissions, licences or authorities to entitle you to do so, including compliance with any statutory requirements including the Data Protection Act 1998.
4.2. We may collect personal information about you such as your email address, personal address and telephone number. If we do, we will hold that data in compliance with any statutory requirements including the Data Protection Act 1998.
4.3. CONTROL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.3.1. We will not sell or lease personal information we hold about you to third parties.
4.3.2. We will not disclose any information we hold about you to anyone unless we are required to by a lawful authority.
5. LIMITATION OF USE
You may only use this site for personal purposes. We reserve the right to monitor postings, communications, and any other usage of the site.
You must not use this site for illegal, unlawful, or prohibited purposes. This includes sending or posting junk email or spam, misleading, defamatory, indecent, or obscene material, viruses and worms, or advertising material.
7. COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
You must not post material to this site in which the copyright or intellectual property is, or may be, the property of another person or body. This means that you may only post material that you have written yourself and have not copied it from another person without their permission.
8. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
We are not liable for direct, indirect, consequential, or any other form of damage or loss that may be suffered by you through the use of this site, including the loss of data or information, or any kind of financial or physical loss or damage. We do not guarantee that this site is free of viruses, worms, or any other form of harmful components. We do not guarantee employment being offered.
9. TERMINATION AND VARIATION OF USE
9.2. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your use of this site and delete all or any information or data that you have posted to it at any time.